Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Query regarding the job market!?

I pursued an advanced program during high school and graduated at sixteen (valedictorian). I'm currently seventeen and seeking a job. I will be attending university next year in California and need to start saving money for tuition. Optimally, I would like to earn $2000 a month. Since I’m a graduate and I’m seventeen; child labor laws do not apply to me. I'm willing to work up to 60 hours a week, as long as I can fulfill my goal. I am aware that employers have to provide pay and half once I surpass forty hours a week, so they maybe reluctant to hire me. However, if I do work sixty hours a week I could be paid $7.15 for the first forty hours and $10.73 for the subsequent twenty, which seems reasonable.

4 * (40X + 1.5(20X))=2000 70x=500 x=7.15 x=10.73

I don't know if I’m being foolishly optimistic because I’m not familiar with the American job market; I recently arrived from overseas. I live in eastern North Carolina and I was wondering if anyone could offer discerning advice.